Friday, October 3, 2008

Revisiting Robbie

I know I already did a post on Cano, but I want to come back to the subject for a super-brief post that strengthens my point. As the hot stove is warming up, so are the talks about trading Cano because of his "sub-par year". Cano's final line ended up at .271/.305/.410. As I have previously stated, his biggest probem this year was not being lazy or not caring. It was April.

Robbie Cano's line from May 1st, 2008 until the end of the 2008 season:
.297/.326/.448

Yeah. A second baseman with above average defense (normally - he has a great arm and a smooth glove) that has the potential to hit .320 and belt 25 homers a year has more value than half the players that apparently are too good to trade Cano for. I've heard rumors for Nate McLouth, Matt Kemp, Jonathan Sanchez, Freddy Sanchez, and many, many others. I would like to remind Yankee fans, as well as fans of the other 29 teams, that Cano's "off year" is hardly an "off year". He is still a monster with the potential to win batting titles, hit for power, and play consistant defense. When Cano is hot, he can carry a team. I'm so sick of hearing Dodger fans bitch about the Cano-Kemp rumors because Cano isn't nearly good enough. Fine, keep Kemp, because we want to keep Cano. I'd still take Robbie over most of the jokers in these trade rumors any day of the week. Sorry for my rant, I know I repeated myself here. Expect a post on possible starting pitchers the Yanks might target coming soon!

No comments: